Quentin Blake
I chose Quentin Blake to look at in more detail for this task for a couple of reasons really. He is the illustrator who I immediately think of in regards to children's books and grew up reading the Road Dahl books so he's an illustrator I was brought up on. However the biggest reason I chose Blake and still in a way to this day as I did when I was a child I find his illustrations at times quite unnerving and I recall as a child often being unsettled by his illustrations, especially the illustrations of the 'bad guy' characters.
Looking back upon his work now It is amazing the amount of character and life that is etched into his illustrations and personally I believe the unsettling nature of some of his illustrations I experienced as a child has to be testament to the life Blake can bring out from his illustrations. Personally I feel Blake is the best example and children's book illustrator at bringing characters to life. Each illustration, character has a certain vibrancy, personality.
He illustrates in such a unusual and unique style, with his scratchy technique but it definitely works and in my opinion as an illustrator his style is certainly one of the most strongest.
If I was to select an age range best fitting for Blake's work i'd personally say 5-11 however I feel his work can certainly be appreciated by an older crowd. His style isn't so narrow in that it can only be aimed at a certain age demographic as even know at 22 still find his illustrations breathtaking.
Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel)
Beatrix Potter
Alex Scheffler


















.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment