Thursday, 15 March 2012

Task Four


Pick, Pull, Snap.

When researching plant orientated orientated books for children I stumbled across this book by Lola Schafer, Pick, Pull Snap. It's a very simple book that explains a lot to children about the life cycle of certain plants . I really like the illustrations and simplicity, tone of the whole book. However what I most think works is the subtle, colour scheme throughout the book.



Here is a PDF I found of quite a lot of the book.

http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780688178345

Planting a rainbow.

Simple yet really visually stunning book for children regarding plants and the colour. Simple, stylistic illustrations I really like the concept and simplicity of the book. The cover is something I think chilren will find really appealing.



http://eisforexplore.blogspot.com/2012/01/plant-rainbow.html

Good list of top ten children books regarding plants and gardening.

http://childrensbooks.about.com/od/picturebooks/tp/garden.htm

Again quite a strong selection of books relating to plants and seeds.

http://bookishways.blogspot.com/2011/11/annotated-bib-plants.html

No comments:

Post a Comment