Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Idea Development


Moving forward with my ideas I began to look at how I could develop and come up with a more clear, concise vision of the direction I wanted to take my book. From my rough concepts personally I liked elements of each so with the development I looked at creating a hybrid of all what I liked from each and then putting them into one. 

The idea I came up with was this. 

I really liked the story skew and I have the sole intention of making the book as fun as possible, while still having enough information in the book for the child to actually learn about foraging. I really liked the idea of this subject flowing through the book, it can act as a mascot in a way to the book. I still want to inform and have that fun essence to the book and really get the children involved and active in foraging. So I came up with an idea of kind of a foraging adventure. Where a story of a child setting out on a foraging adventure would unfold that the children can act out as well. So basically It would start off in a particular setting, primarily I'm looking at a forest, with a forest I can be quite illustrative, striking with the visuals, then as the story unfolds the child would be going on this adventure as well collecting what he sees in the book and at the end of the book would be recipes using what the child has found. I'm going to pitch it kind of like a treasure hunt. The plants, the food is the treasure that children must find, giving it a more fun, interactive element that will actually seem like a game, an activity to the children

So that's the idea, to get the children (the readers) to go on their own foraging treasure hunt and with the treasure (food) they've collected can then make the food from the recipes that will be at the end of the book.

Still want to make the book like a story, where there will be a character, will be fantasy-esque visuals.

This is the idea i'll be taking forward and developing for my final idea, here I've just drafted up concepts and layouts of how I want the book to look






No comments:

Post a Comment